Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin Recipe
This tasty side combines great garlic and onion flavor, and kids love the nice crispy topping, too! —Jennifer Olson, Pleasanton, California
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Stir in potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 213 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC