- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Stir in potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin
Sort By :
"Great side dish. The only thing I would change next time is to add an extra can of cream corn and reduce the plain corn by one cup. We would like it a bit creamier."
"This is amazing! My family loved it and demanded it become a regular weekend side."