- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Stir in potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender.
- Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p54
Reviews for Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
Great side dish. The only thing I would change next time is to add an extra can of cream corn and reduce the plain corn by one cup. We would like it a bit creamier.
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2011
This is amazing! My family loved it and demanded it become a regular weekend side.
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >