Sweet Corn & Saffron Risotto Recipe
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add corn, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup broth. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Remove from skillet and set aside; keep warm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat saffron and remaining broth; keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion in oil and 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender (cooking time is about 20 minutes).
- 5. Stir in the cream, reserved corn mixture and remaining butter; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 438 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Sweet Corn & Saffron Risotto
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.