"I first tasted this delicious layered loaf at a potluck at work," recalls Joanne Klopfestein from North Liberty, Indiana. This stacked sandwich seems fancy with its raspberry jam surprise, yet it's convenient because it can be assembled ahead of time and then warmed just before serving.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 ounces sliced Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Unroll each tube of crescent roll dough into two rectangles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and 2 tablespoons honey. Brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer one crust to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Layer with turkey, second crust, cheese and ham. Add third crust; spread with preserves.
- Top with remaining crust; spread with remaining honey. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and loaf is heated through. Carefully cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Club Sandwich in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p39
Reviews for Sweet Club Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review