Sweet Citrus Iced Tea Recipe
My family has been making iced tea this way ever since I was a child. When I recently prepared some for the Elders at church, the men liked it so much that all the wives asked for the recipe.
- 14-1/2 cups water, divided
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water just to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour tea into a large container. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, orange juice concentrate and remaining water. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice. Yield: 1 gallon.
Originally published as Sweet Citrus Iced Tea in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p228
Reviews for Sweet Citrus Iced Tea(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 11, 2011
Absolutely great - so lovely & refreshing. I cut back on the sugar because I don't like very sweet tea, and it was still very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >