- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined (batter will be stiff). Place half of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Combine the filling/topping ingredients. Sprinkle half over batter. Spread remaining batter over top. Sprinkle with remaining filling/topping. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Chocolate Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"A good coffee cake, but I think I would cut down on the nutmeg a bit or rename the cake."
"It was excellent! I will make it again!"
"This is the best Coffee Cake I have ever made. Everyone who tries this LOVES it!! It's so moist and yummy. I subsitute the pecans for walnuts, only because I don't like pecans!"