Sweet Chipotle Pretzels
Pretzels are a great snack food. I love this recipe because it is sweet as well as spicy, but not too spicy. It's a great combination for munching. —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Whisk the egg white and water until
- frothy; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and chipotle
- pepper. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until dry. Cool completely on a
- wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 209 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.