- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pineapple preserves
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil in batches on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, carrots, onions and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, preserves, taco seasoning and brown sugar; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice or potatoes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSweet Chili Short Ribs
"The ribs wer very tender but the taste wasn't the best."
"Great recipe! easy preparation...fix it and forget it. Very tasty. This recipe will be in my favorites category. My husband couldn't find short ribs at the grocery store, so we used beef back ribs. FYI: a good amount of fat/grease appeared by the end of the cooking time in the slow cooker. Maybe I should have cooled it in the refrigerator after cooking and scraped off the congealed grease and reheated."