Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries
My garden is often my cooking inspiration. Because I have a large berry patch, I especially enjoy using just-picked berries in savory dishes to add natural sweetness and sometimes a bit of tart. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine blackberries, cucumber, green onion and 1
- tablespoon chili sauce; toss to coat. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat
- lightly. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over
- medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with remaining chili sauce
- during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with blackberry
- mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/2 cup berry mixture equals 303 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,