Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine blackberries, cucumber, green onion and 1 tablespoon chili sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place fillets on greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing with remaining chili sauce during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with blackberry mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup berry mixture equals 303 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet-Chili Salmon with Blackberries
"Nice combo of sweet and a bit of heat. Helped to use our bumber crop of blackberries."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.