Sweet Cherry Pork Chops
I make pork chops often, so I like to experiment with different ideas. I dreamed up this recipe using ingredients that I had on hand. The cherry-orange sauce makes these chops special enough for guests.
-Shannon Mink, Columbus, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup pitted sweet cherries, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Add
- the orange juice, cherries and onions to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Stir preserves into pan juices. Combine cornstarch and cold water
- until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.