Sweet Cherry Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup pitted sweet cherries, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Add the orange juice, cherries and onions to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Stir preserves into pan juices. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Cherry Pork Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Cherry Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >