Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert Recipe
I like the combination of this sweet treat's soft, creamy filling and crunchy crust with a wonderfully nutty flavor. the layer of cherries on top makes for a beautiful presentation. It's not difficult--and is simply delicious.
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling and extracts; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with filling. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 408 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"Simply Delicious!!! Thanks for sharing"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC