I like the combination of this sweet treat's soft, creamy filling and crunchy crust with a wonderfully nutty flavor. the layer of cherries on top makes for a beautiful presentation. It's not difficult--and is simply delicious.
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into crushed cookies until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling and extracts; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with filling. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert in Country Woman March/April 2005, p29
Reviews for Sweet Cherry Cheese Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review