You’ll need only a few items for this unique cheese ball sent in by Melissa Friend of Oakland, Maryland. Coconut comes through in the cherry-flecked mixture that’s coated in pecans. It looks pretty and tastes delicious served with apple slices, pineapple wedges, berries and other fresh fruit.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 8 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the coconut and cherries. Shape into a ball; roll in pecans. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1 cheese ball (3-1/2 cups).
Originally published as Sweet Cheese Ball in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p21
Reviews for Sweet Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review