In McBain, Michigan, Sue Yount covers a crunchy combination of peanuts, pretzels and cereal with white candy coating for a fun snack. "At bake sales, I fill small resealable storage bags with the clusters," she explains. "They always disappear fast."
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour candy coating over cereal mixture; stir until coated. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Sweet Cereal Clusters in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p17
Reviews for Sweet Cereal Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"I've made this recipe every year for about 5 years now and everyone loves it, from our family and friends to our kids' school teachers. Some friends even said it was so addictive, they dubbed it "Christmas crack!""