In McBain, Michigan, Sue Yount covers a crunchy combination of peanuts, pretzels and cereal with white candy coating for a fun snack. "At bake sales, I fill small resealable storage bags with the clusters," she explains. "They always disappear fast."
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour candy coating over cereal mixture; stir until coated. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Sweet Cereal Clusters in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p17
Reviews for Sweet Cereal Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2009
"I've made this recipe every year for about 5 years now and everyone loves it, from our family and friends to our kids' school teachers. Some friends even said it was so addictive, they dubbed it "Christmas crack!""