Sweet Carrots with Bacon Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- 3. Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over top. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 140 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Sweet Carrots with Bacon
"I would use fresh carrots the next time I make this. I think it would have a much better taste though these weren't that bad."