Sweet Carrots with Bacon Recipe
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- 3. Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over top. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Carrots with Bacon
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"I would use fresh carrots the next time I make this. I think it would have a much better taste though these weren't that bad."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC