Sweet Carrots with Bacon Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- 3. Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over top. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 140 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Carrots with Bacon
"I would use fresh carrots the next time I make this. I think it would have a much better taste though these weren't that bad."