Sweet Carrots with Bacon
These sweet and smoky carrots are delightful with any meal. I'm often asked to prepare this favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small
- skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a
- slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt
- and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle
- over top. Yield: 4 servings.