Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots according to package directions. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings.
- Saute onion in butter and reserved drippings. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over top. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Carrots with Bacon in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p22
Reviews forSweet Carrots with Bacon
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"I would use fresh carrots the next time I make this. I think it would have a much better taste though these weren't that bad."