These tender, vibrant carrots have a buttery glaze and a mild sweetness. It’s a simple dish, but it sure makes carrots seem special.—P Lauren Fay-Neri, Syracuse, New York
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Candied Carrots in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p35
Reviews for Sweet Candied Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review