- 2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Candied Carrots
Sort By :
"Everyone really liked this recipe."
"Made these for Thanksgiving dinner and they were so very good... everyone of all ages loved them."
"I made these carrots a couple years, thought they were very good, I just sliced mine. Will make them again this year for Christmas."
"Wow! My mom made this AWESOME RECIPE and it was delicious. Great way to make children eat their veggies."