Sweet Butter Tarts Recipe
- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Butter Tarts
"Love this recipe!!!!! And easy and NO corn syrup!"
"Very easy & delicious!"
"I changed it up a little. Currants instead of raisins and a shot of dark rum"
"YUMM these were so delicious! Just how my dad and husband LOVE them. :)"
"My husband is a HUGE butter tart fanatic and he absolutely loved these! We will make them again often."