Sweet Butter Tarts Recipe
A friend of mine first introduced me to this easy recipe. I usually make six or eight batches at Christmas time.—Charlene Turnbull, Wainwright, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 370 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC