A friend of mine first introduced me to this easy recipe. I usually make six or eight batches at Christmas time.—Charlene Turnbull, Wainwright, Alberta
- Pastry for three single-crust pies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface; cut into twelve 4-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and maple flavoring. Stir in raisins.
- Fill each cup half full. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Butter Tarts in Country Woman November/December 1998, p35
Reviews for Sweet Butter Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review