Sweet Broiled Grapefruit
I was never a fan of grapefruit until I had it broiled at a Florida restaurant—it was so tangy and delicious! I finally got the recipe and now make it often for husband Ron, myself and our children and grandchildren.
—Terry Bray, Auburndale, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Cut each grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around the
- membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each
- section to loosen fruit.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in the center of each half. Combine sugar
- and cinnamon; sprinkle over each. Place on a baking pan. Broil 4 in.
- from heat until butter is melted and sugar is bubbly. Garnish with a
- cherry if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.