I was never a fan of grapefruit until I had it broiled at a Florida restaurant—it was so tangy and delicious! I finally got the recipe and now make it often for husband Ron, myself and our children and grandchildren. —Terry Bray, Auburndale, Florida
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Cut each grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around the membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each section to loosen fruit.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in the center of each half. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each. Place on a baking pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until butter is melted and sugar is bubbly. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Broiled Grapefruit in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p33
Reviews for Sweet Broiled Grapefruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review