I was never a fan of grapefruit until I had it broiled at a Florida restaurant—it was so tangy and delicious! I finally got the recipe and now make it often for husband Ron, myself and our children and grandchildren. —Terry Bray, Auburndale, Florida
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Cut each grapefruit in half. With a sharp knife, cut around the membrane in the center of each half and discard. Cut around each section to loosen fruit.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in the center of each half. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each. Place on a baking pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until butter is melted and sugar is bubbly. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Broiled Grapefruit in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p33
Reviews for Sweet Broiled Grapefruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2014
"This is the best way to make a grapefruit, I have never really liked grapefruit until I tried this recipe...definitely much better tasting warmed up"