- on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck
- under. Repeat with remaining ropes. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves
- (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.