Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
We really enjoyed the sauce in this recipe. I did think the pork itself needed a little seasoning like salt and pepper. I will definitely make the sauce again. I will probably try it with chicken next time. Overall very easy and tasty. I love the sweetness of the sauce.
Excellent recipe. Sauce was delicious!
I just tried it !! SIX STARS !!!
EASY - loved it too.
CHANGES IT UP A LITTLE
1 - Marinaded it in a small portion of the sauce for a half hr . Then discarded the sauce from the marinading bowl for sanitary reasons . Very little sauce was thrown away .
2- Chopped onions + let it sit for 10 mins because this improves the potency in the onions + garlic when You use it in any recipe .
3 - Browned it for 3 mins on each side like the recipe says in "Canola Oil " ...after this I washed out the pan and used "Olive oil " for 30 secs per side . Olive oil loses its goodness when in the pan too long and canola is generally a good + cheap cooking oil to work with .
4- After all the browning was done put it on very low and let it simmer for 20 mins
5 - Quickly gave the frying pan a light scrubbing + rinsing so nothing was caked on .
6 I froze the remaining portions
If YOu haven't tried this , I think You will find this very easy to prep , cook + clean after as well as a very enjoyable dish
THANKS FOR THE RECIPE !!!
-Knyvet ( the ORIGINAL DUMB BATCHELOR )
I have used this sauce recipe for chicken for years. My family LOVES it. I never thought to use it with pork chops. You can bet I will try it tomorrow.
Yum! The sauce was excellent and the pork chops were very tender. Will definitely make this again.