Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
Yum! The sauce was excellent and the pork chops were very tender. Will definitely make this again.
What a hit at my dinner table last night ... absolutely delicious! Served over white rice from my rice cooker. Sauce was unbelievable simple ... center cut chops tender .... WOW! Rave reviews from my 4 guests.
This dish was unbleepinglievable! All I had was some pork loin that I had the butcher slice into inch thick chops, so I sliced that into strips. Also, I added Vidalia onion salad dressing to the mix and an extra helping of chopped sweet onion. Then, I let it simmer on almost low for 30 minutes covered. Served over rice with a side of buttered green beans and a breadstick rolled in butter and parmesean cheese. Dessert was sliced watermelon. Thanks Taste of Home!
Delish!!! Had for dinner tonight w/broccoli and rice!!!
My family loved these. I had to make two batches, 1 to eat and 1 to freeze.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >