- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Place pork chops in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring sauce and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
"I have made these twice. The first time I went by the recipe and the second time I left out the brown sugar and added unsweetened applesauce. Both were delicious."
"Couldn't be much easier! Followed the recipe exactly, but cut it in half. Was worried there might not be enough sauce, but there was plenty. Great flavors. Terrific for weeknight dinners."
"Flavor was excellent.. I only gave a 4 because I did not trust the recipe (cooking pork) for the times, and overcooked them. Will definitely try again, and trust the recipe!"
"Wouldn't change a thing! My whole family loved it and I am definitely making it again."