Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. Sauce was delicious!
I just tried it !! SIX STARS !!!
EASY - loved it too.
CHANGES IT UP A LITTLE
1 - Marinaded it in a small portion of the sauce for a half hr . Then discarded the sauce from the marinading bowl for sanitary reasons . Very little sauce was thrown away .
2- Chopped onions + let it sit for 10 mins because this improves the potency in the onions + garlic when You use it in any recipe .
3 - Browned it for 3 mins on each side like the recipe says in "Canola Oil " ...after this I washed out the pan and used "Olive oil " for 30 secs per side . Olive oil loses its goodness when in the pan too long and canola is generally a good + cheap cooking oil to work with .
4- After all the browning was done put it on very low and let it simmer for 20 mins
5 - Quickly gave the frying pan a light scrubbing + rinsing so nothing was caked on .
6 I froze the remaining portions
If YOu haven't tried this , I think You will find this very easy to prep , cook + clean after as well as a very enjoyable dish
THANKS FOR THE RECIPE !!!
-Knyvet ( the ORIGINAL DUMB BATCHELOR )
I have used this sauce recipe for chicken for years. My family LOVES it. I never thought to use it with pork chops. You can bet I will try it tomorrow.
Yum! The sauce was excellent and the pork chops were very tender. Will definitely make this again.
What a hit at my dinner table last night ... absolutely delicious! Served over white rice from my rice cooker. Sauce was unbelievable simple ... center cut chops tender .... WOW! Rave reviews from my 4 guests.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >