Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Freeze option: Place pork chops in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring sauce and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 pork chop equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.