Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches
I practically grew up on these sandwiches. Now I feed them often to my kids. Molasses and cinnamon are the secret ingredients to the filling's sweet success. - Rochelle Saeger, Shelton, Washington
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce,
- Worcestershire sauce, molasses and seasonings; mix well. Cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Before measuring molasses, coat the measuring spoon or cup with nonstick cooking spray--the molasses will slide right out with little mess.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium,