I practically grew up on these sandwiches. Now I feed them often to my kids. Molasses and cinnamon are the secret ingredients to the filling's sweet success. - Rochelle Saeger, Shelton, Washington
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p110
Reviews for Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
"I made the recipe as written. Thumb's up from everybody!"