I practically grew up on these sandwiches. Now I feed them often to my kids. Molasses and cinnamon are the secret ingredients to the filling's sweet success. - Rochelle Saeger, Shelton, Washington
Recommended: The Best BBQ Recipes Across America
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p110
Reviews for Sweet Barbecue Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
"I made the recipe as written. Thumb's up from everybody!"