- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, liquid smoke if desired and lemon juice; cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecue Meatballs
""I wish people would not comment and rate a recipe before they even try it. It brings down the ratings needlessly. Use your heads." Common sense dictates that we make the recipe and decide how good it is... lack of common sense is very common."
"Made this with ground chuck instead of pork.... it was great!!!"
"these are wonderful. I prefer them without the smoke. also very good to add pineapple & green pepper chunks to the sauce mixture & serve over steamed white rice"
"These are wonderful. Full of flavor. I will be making these a lot. Thank you for the recipe.I wish people would not comment and rate a recipe before they even try it. It brings down the ratings needlessly. Use your heads."
"Do you have to use ground pork? If I ask the butcher for group pork, what do I specifically ask for? Sounds great."
"I really like the looks of these. I know I will substitute my homemade Bar-B-Que sauce for the ketchup and brown sugar. I will add the liquid smoke and lemon juice as indicated."