Sweet-as-Sugar Cookies Recipe
I brought these wonderful crunchy cookies to our summer family reunion, and men, women and children alike devoured them...then begged for the recipe!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate dough overnight.
- 2. Form into walnut-size balls and place on greased baking sheets. Combine sugar and nutmeg; dip glass in mixture and flatten cookies with it. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 229 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC