Sweet-as-Sugar Cookies Recipe
I brought these wonderful crunchy cookies to our summer family reunion, and men, women and children alike devoured them...then begged for the recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate dough overnight.
- Form into walnut-size balls and place on greased baking sheets. Combine sugar and nutmeg; dip glass in mixture and flatten cookies with it. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet-as-Sugar Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p55
Reviews for Sweet-as-Sugar Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review