Sweet Apricot Candy
I first made this recipe for a ladies Christmas luncheon where it received rave reviews. Now it's a favorite with my family, too. I suggest presenting the divinity-like candies in pretty paper candy cups.Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, butter, vanilla, salt
- and orange peel; beat until well blended. Gradually add 2 cups
- confectioners' sugar; beat until combined (mixture will be stiff).
- By hand, knead in the apricots, pecans and enough remaining
- confectioners' sugar to make a very stiff mixture.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square pan. Refrigerate for at least 4
- hours. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 43 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.