- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, stir the pancake mix, water, apple and cinnamon just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup
"I followed the recipe exactly, using apple juice in the syrup. I thought the pancakes came out a little gummy, and the syrup had a heavy nutmeg taste. We just didn't care for these pancakes"
"I used Bisquick, eggs, and milk for the pancake mix. I added one apple and 4oz. of unsweetened apple sauce, plus the cinnamon to it. I followed the syrup recipe exactly. We loved this recipe. Very apple-y!"
"Absolutely loved the syrup. The pancakes froze and reheated great. Will definitely be making these again!"
"I have only made the syrup and I love it! I did think it thickened almost too much the first time so this second time I added more cider (just personal preference). It tastes great and helps not to have to buy the real maple syrup so often which certainly helps with grocery costs."
"I just made the syrup using apple juice and it was fantastic! Not as sweet as the store bought and so full of flavor. I am going to try this receipe with blueberry juice. I did not make the pancakes."
"Can't wait to make this for a church brunch in Sept. I would LOVE it if TOH had a catagory for large group recipes."
"Made these just yesterday for my daughter, son-in-law and myself. We give the recipe 3 thumbs up and 5 stars for excellent. We all thought they were delicious."
"The pancakes were delicious (I added a couple tsp. of sugar to the batter) and the syrup was amazing!! (we omitted the nutmeg) So tasty!"