Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, stir the pancake mix, water, apple and cinnamon just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup
Sort By :
"Hubby and I are diabetics so one change, had a Splenda/cinnamon/nutmeg mix for apple pie so used that for sugar and spices. Also 1 tsp baking powder. Awesome!!"
"Can't wait to make this for a church brunch in Sept. I would LOVE it if TOH had a catagory for large group recipes."
"Made these just yesterday for my daughter, son-in-law and myself. We give the recipe 3 thumbs up and 5 stars for excellent. We all thought they were delicious."
"The pancakes were delicious (I added a couple tsp. of sugar to the batter) and the syrup was amazing!! (we omitted the nutmeg) So tasty!"
"I didn't make these pancakes, but I made the syrup and it was AMAZING! Highly recommended!"