Sweet Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup Recipe
What a delightful way to start the day! Sweet apple flavor fills every delectable bite of these flapjacks. For an extra-special treat, top with sour cream and then add syrup. —Janet Vardaman, Zephyrhills, Florida
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated apple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, stir the pancake mix, water, apple and cinnamon just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
2 pancakes with about 3 tablespoons syrup equals 284 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC