Sweet and Tangy Ranch Beans Recipe
This sweet and tangy side dish uses lots of convenient canned goods, so it’s a snap to throw together. “The recipe was sent to me by a friend,” says Barbara Gordon of Roswell, Georgia. “It’s nice to serve at a group picnic.” TIP: “This dish can be cooked in the oven instead. Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes. Remove cover and cook 10 minutes longer.”
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 264 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,300 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC