Sweet and Tangy Pasta Salad Recipe
June Herke WATERTOWN, SOUTH DAKOTA I’m a retired farmwife and one of 16 children. I learned lots about cooking from my mother. This recipe is my version of a much simpler one.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cucumber, corn, artichokes, olives, red pepper and onion. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Pasta Salad in Country Extra September 2008, p49
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Pasta Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2010
This is very easy to prepare and very refreshing. I did not have marinated artichoke hearts, so I had to substitute regular canned artichoke hearts. They should be chopped, not left whole.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Pasta >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >