Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 unsweetened pineapple slices
- 6 green pepper rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute and milk. Stir in the crumbs, onion and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 36 balls, about 1 in. each.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs; drain if necessary. Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice, barbecue sauce and water until smooth; stir in cranberry sauce.
- Pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; top with pineapple and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
Sort By :
"My family said it was good, but I have "better" meatball recipes. It tasted a bit too much like the barbecue sauce for my taste, thereby diminishing the homemade appeal. It's nice to try new things, and it was true to the claims of quick, easy and tasty. It just wasn't our favorite."
"nice to try new things"
"Very good! Tastes like something you'd order at a restaurant!"
"Made for dinner last night, and, since I had everything in, it was easy to put together."
"This IS a great recipe. It's even easier and faster by using store-bought frozen meatballs (beef or chicken). This meal can be put together in a very short time. Excellent!"