Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 6 unsweetened pineapple slices
- 6 green pepper rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute and milk. Stir in the crumbs, onion and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 36 balls, about 1 in. each.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs; drain if necessary. Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice, barbecue sauce and water until smooth; stir in cranberry sauce.
- Pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; top with pineapple and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
Sort By :
nice to try new things
Very good! Tastes like something you'd order at a restaurant!
Made for dinner last night, and, since I had everything in, it was easy to put together.
This IS a great recipe. It's even easier and faster by using store-bought frozen meatballs (beef or chicken). This meal can be put together in a very short time. Excellent!
Delicious! Easy to prepare and my family (including two picky eaters ages 2 & 4) loved it. Yumm...can't wait to make this one again!
More Recipe Collections
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >