Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Salad
"I made this salad for the first time at a resort for my family - everybody loved it! I reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and increased the dill seed to 1-1/2 teaspoons."
"A keeper! So good tonight with Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole."
"This cucumber salad is soooo good, and pretty to look at, too!!"
"This recipe is a hit no matter where I take it. I do substitute Splenda for sugar whenever I serve it at home. It tastes just as good and is diabetic friendly."