- 3 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Salad
"I made this salad for the first time at a resort for my family - everybody loved it! I reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and increased the dill seed to 1-1/2 teaspoons."
"A keeper! So good tonight with Sausage and Sauerkraut casserole."
"This cucumber salad is soooo good, and pretty to look at, too!!"
"This recipe is a hit no matter where I take it. I do substitute Splenda for sugar whenever I serve it at home. It tastes just as good and is diabetic friendly."