This sweet and tangy side dish sent in by Mary Farley comes together in a snap. "I often take this to church potlucks," she writes from Wasilla, Alaska. "It is so pretty and colorful with the red pepper and unpeeled cucumbers."
- 3 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dilly Cucumber Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p44
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review