Sweet and Tangy Chicken Recipe
Spicy barbecue sauce blends with sweet pineapple in this quick-to-fix chicken dish from Mary Zawlocki of Gig Harbor, Washington. "It's tasty enough for a company dinner...just add a salad and rolls," she suggests.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place four chicken breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple, green pepper, onion and garlic; pour half over the chicken. Top with remaining chicken and sauce.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Thicken sauce if desired. Serve the chicken and sauce with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC