- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Place four chicken breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple, green pepper, onion and garlic; pour half over the chicken. Top with remaining chicken and sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until chicken is tender. Thicken sauce if desired. Serve the chicken and sauce with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Chicken
Sort By :
"Easy. I found this to be better than other similar crock pot recipes."
"I made this recipe today and it was very easy and I'd try it again BUT, it didn't have a lot of flavor. I used a full bottle of Bulls Eye BBQ sauce, a can of chunked pineapple, 5 cloves of garlic minced, a full onion sliced, a chunked green pepper and of course 8 chicken breasts. The chicken was very tender (I cooked it in my slow cooker for 7 hours) but I can say I was disappointed that is wasn't more flavorful. What could I have done wrong and how could I doctor it up next time?"
"My family loves this! It's got a nice bit of heat to it.....not your boring chicken recipe. Your Crockpot Recipe Book has this recipe.....but with TWO bottles of BBQ sauce......that is the one I made!"
"We loved this recipe. As written, it would be absolutely delicious, but in addition to the listed ingredients, I added several cut up carrots, and another pepper (red). I had some leftover green beans so put those in too. I used a smoky/tangy barbecue sauce - I think any would be good though. One thing I love about the recipe is that it's easy to put together but tastes as though you worked long and hard on the sauce. We love it and I'll make it again, definitely. Oh -- I cooked it for a few hours on the high setting of my crockpot, then turned it on low for another couple of hours to cut down on cooking time. I did use a bit of cornstarch at the end to thicken it a little but wouldn't say that is necessary."
"My husband and I think this recipe is terrific! I used Sweet Baby Ray's regular BBQ sauce. I would love to make it again. I can see where one could get a lot of variety with this recipe, just by using different BBQ sauces."