Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, wine, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) : 334 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops
"I thought the sauce was a little on the salty side, but that didn't phase my family. The pork was falling apart tender and I will definitely be preparing this meal again!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.