Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, wine, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 334 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,181 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.