Sweet and Spicy Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms, shallots, jalapeno and pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons oil until mushrooms are tender. Add the wine, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and honey; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Brush whole mushrooms with 2 tablespoons oil. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Fill mushroom caps with shallot mixture. Combine the goat cheese, tomatoes and pesto; spoon over the tops. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with remaining oil; garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 252 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.