Sweet and Spicy Steak
The flavors of molasses and cayenne pepper blend beautifully in this steak stir-fry.—Marie Walter, Kaycee, Wyoming
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 bunches green onions with tops
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut onions into 3-in. pieces; cut white portion in half lengthwise.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add
- onions, molasses, salt and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.