The flavors of molasses and cayenne pepper blend beautifully in this steak stir-fry.—Marie Walter, Kaycee, Wyoming
- 3 bunches green onions with tops
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut onions into 3-in. pieces; cut white portion in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add onions, molasses, salt and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Steak in Country Woman September/October 1998, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
"Tried this recipe for dinner tonight. We really liked it and wouldn't change a thing."