VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 bunches green onions with tops
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut onions into 3-in. pieces; cut white portion in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add onions, molasses, salt and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Steak in Country Woman September/October 1998, p35
Reviews forSweet and Spicy Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
"Tried this recipe for dinner tonight. We really liked it and wouldn't change a thing."