Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Two cheers for these appetizing chops from Kathy Kirkland of Denham Springs, Louisiana! “My husband used to get home from work before me, and one evening, he cooked this for dinner,” says Kathy. “We've used the same recipe ever since. It's delicious.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on a
- rack in a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Turn chops; spread with brown
- sugar mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 212 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a