Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients. Turn chops; spread with brown sugar mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop equals 212 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.