Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Turn chops; spread with brown sugar mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops(4)
Sort By :
From an old retired meat cutter .... if you look close at the picture, you will notice the blade bone of a pork steak, and in no way resembles does it resemble any of the hundreds of thousands of pork chops I ever cut over 34 years. That's irrelevant as this recipe would work on either, pork steak or
chops, ad consider adding a nice B-B-Q sauce.
My chops were dry, not saucy like in the picture but they had a good flavor to them. Maybe next time I'll add some BBQ sauce or tomato sauce to make them more saucy.
This tasted delicious! I agree with the previous review that it's plain to look at. However, the taste makes up for it. Served this over rice and it was a hit! It passed the family test and will be added into rotation. The only thing I'll do differently next time, is to just throw everything in the crockpot and cook on low all day.
Mine didn't look anything like the picture, in fact, was a lil crispy on top from the brown sugar mixture burning. I followed the directions exactly with the exception of doubling it for 4 chops instead of two. The chops themselves weren't burn, and it was very good, but I don't know how it has this "saucy" look when the only liquid in the recipe is the prepared mustard. Even so it was very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >