Two cheers for these appetizing chops from Kathy Kirkland of Denham Springs, Louisiana! “My husband used to get home from work before me, and one evening, he cooked this for dinner,” says Kathy. “We've used the same recipe ever since. It's delicious.”
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, sprinkling tops with brown sugar mixture after turning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p12
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review